Re: Trash

On 27/06/05, Andrew Schulman <andrex@alumni.utexas.net> wrote:
> > Could not start proccess Unables to create io-slave:
> > klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'trash'.
>
> trash:/ is new to KDE 3.4.  I got this message when I temporarily
> downgraded the kdebase-kio-plugins package from 3.4.1 to 3.3.x.  Check
> apt-cache policy kdebase-kio-plugins, and if your installed version is
> still 3.3.x, upgrade it.
>
> Even if the version is 3.4.x, you could try reinstalling that package to
> see if it fixes the problem (and maybe restores your trash can icon?)

Checking the apt-cache showed the problem and, eventually, the
solution. It turns out that I had gotten an imperfect KDE upgrade. So,
I got the rest of KDE and it works. The kdebase-kio-plugins was most
assuredly the problem (well, the direct cause of the trash problem).
It now works nicely: I got rid of the other trash (the trash.desktop)
and all is well. Much appreciated.