Re: debian - matlab platform

Micha Feigin wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, roberto wrote:

Hello
while using matlab 6.0 under debian sarge i receive the following message if trying to open the
workspace browser:

workspace

??? Error using ==> workspace
The Workspace browser is not supported on this platform.

what is it exactly?

I can say that currently we have Matlab 7.0 R14 running fine in the lab. Previous we had installed the old version, Matlab 6.0 I believe, and also worked fine, either from the terminal (i.e., with option -nodesktop) or with full GUI. I never tried, though, to start the workspace window from the terminal in Matlab 6.0. Currently (7.0) it works!

Can you open other windows? Say, helpbrowser for instance. If you don't, are you running Matlab as the same user that started the X session?

Hope this helps,
--
António Rafael C. Paiva

Graduate student
Computational NeuroEngineering Laboratory
Electrical & Computer Engineering Department
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611
WWW: arpaiva.webhop.net