[SOLVED] Re: dvd playback problems - dma, udev, 2.6 kernel

Finally got this worked out.

First I set the DVD region on my drive with regionset,  which
got rid of the seek errors that hdc was complaining of.

At this point I could get the DVDs to actually start playing,
but then xine or mplayer would quit, complaining of css
issues. This seemed odd, since I had installed libdvdcss2
previously.  However, installing it again, after adding the
videolan sources to apt-get,  all works fine!

Thanks for the help

Branden