Re: [OT?] Loadbalancer on Debian

> > Is this possible with Debian and if so, what application does this?
>
> Yes.  www.linuxvirtualserver.org will do what you describes.  The
> kernel does the load balancing, and the tools are in Debian, though if
> you compile your own kernel you may need to compile your own tools
> (which is easy and works fine in Debian.)

Take a look at the keepalived package. It will save you a lot of time.

http://www.keepalived.org/

http://packages.debian.org/stable/admin/keepalived

I used it with 2.6.8, even when there is a bug[1] that says that
you cannot use the default kernel. Well, I did this on march and
this bug is dated may. I haven't upgraded keepalived, though.

And I shouldn't do it now :)

Nelson.-