Good backup software for Linux

Hi,

 Could some one please tell me a good backup software for Linux.

I am looking at Bacula

but the line

# Files deleted after a Full save will be included in a restoration.

in

http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/Current_State_Bacula.html

under

Current Implementation Restrictions

makes me a little apprhensive.

Is there a backup utility that can backup not only files but even
directory structures itsself?

i.e

If in a Directory "dir1" I have "file1", "file2", "file3" and I take a
full backup "backup1" on "Day1" the I delete "file2" from "dir1" and
take a differential backup "backup2".

Now I should be able to restore "dir1" from "backup2" with only "fle1"
and "file2"

is it possible wit any backup software ( free one please )

Thankyou so much

kind regards

Siju