Misc. Newb Help

After using SuSE pro since 7.x, I finally threw in the towel and went
Debian.  Seemed like a good time to do it... what with the new release
and all.

I do have a small laundry list of things I'm still trying to figure out,
so if anyone can steer me in the right direction, I'd be mighty obliged.

1. Nvidia driver - is there a Debian way to approach this?  Or just run
the Nvidia installer?

2. I have a .bash_profile in my user directly, but it's not being
sourced ever. Any idea why? I tried .profile as well w/o any luck. Note: my .bashrc is being sourced.

3. Japanese input. I installed Debian in Japanese, and Canna was installed and starts automatically on boot as a result. Also, Kinput2-canna-wnn is installed (can't remember if I installed or what), but it's not being started anywhere. I think if I could solve issue #2, I could slap the following lines in .bash_profile to get kinput2 running
$ pidof kinput2 >/dev/null || kinput2 &
$ export XMODIFIERS=@im=kinput2

4. (a bit more esoteric) Anyone ever install ColdFusion MX developer?  I
had it running under SuSE 9.2 on top of Apache... Just curious before I try.

Thanks for reading and thank you to the Debian community. I'm glad to have finally jumped the fence!

Eric P.