Re: Programming Backwards (was Re: Top posting (a different point of view))

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:51:51 -0400, you wrote:

%On 6/10/05, John Kelly <jakelly@shtc.net> wrote:
%
%> Would you write programs backwards?  I would hate to write a
backwards
%> compiler to compile your backwards programs.
%
%Doesn't everyone write their programs backwards?  Don't you _start_
at the end?
%
%I guess it depends on what you mean by backwards, but I think I do
%actually write my programs backwards .. from how it will look to the
%enduser.  One of the problems with _lots_ of programs out there is
%that they're _not _ written backwards in that sense.

Well, I find that most C programs nowadays are written backwards :
main() on top and functions below. Having learned C from K&R, that's
backwards for me.

But the point is : I put up with it. No whining and no expectations
that everyone will want to follow my preferences.

Tolerance, dude. There's too much intolerance out there in the world
today already.

Ben