Re: gnome-panel .. gone .. #@!!!!

%% Mike Ward <unforgiven24@gmail.com> writes:

  mw> If there was ever a thing that taught me to not get relaxed and
  mw> take it for granted that apt-get would handle everything nicely
  mw> for me, this is it.

APT can't help you with bugs in the software or packaging.  If you don't
want an "unstable" desktop you know what to do... :-)

  mw> Additionally, I've noticed my non-us.debian.org apt source is
  mw> returning 404's on updating. I haven't looked at it yet, though,
  mw> because the panel thing is a bit more pressing. Any idea if the two
  mw> things might be related, as I haven't touched my apt.sources in ages?

Non-US is obsolete.  Take it out.

This issue has been raised and responded to a number of times since
Sarge was released.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortel.com>           HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools