Re: gnome-panel .. gone .. #@!!!!

The same thing happened top me testerday on 'Debian Unstable' after updating which Synaptic. I have not had the time to do anything about it yet, but I imagine there is some configuration file that needs tweeking.

alan bonard wrote:
Hi, I logged into a seldom-used account to satisfy an 80 yr. old
lady's wish to send an urgent
email and found two panels giving me a choice between 'X-settings' and
'Gnome-session',
choosing the latter out of long-term habit. I then found gnome-panels
to be completely gone.

I've been trying to reverse-engineer my way out of this be repeating
these steps but that
choice is not re-appearing.

Trying 'apt-get -f install gnome-panel' as root gives me a long string
of unmet dependencies
which won't cut'n paste from gnome-terminal.
Is this something affecting other Debian unstable users at the moment,
or just me ?

Adam Bogacki,
afb@paradise.net.nz