OT: Safe Type (was Re: DVORAK)

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 08:43 -0700, Dave Carrigan wrote:
--snip--
> Dunno. I use a Safeytpe; any keyboard that requires me to rotate my hands
> even semi-flat exacerbates the tendinitis to the point where I can't type
> after an hour or two. With a Safetype, I can type all day, but you pretty
> much have to be a touch typist since you can't see the keys. However, I
> doubt that dvorak/qwerty makes much of a difference.

Wow. That's the first time I heard of that keyboard. Just looked it up
and it looks very... interesting... I've been using a natural keyboard
exclusively for about 7 years now and I find it much more comfortable
than a standard flat keyboard. But I'm always open for something that's
more comfortable.

How does the safe type feel for you? Just looking at it, it certainly
looks strange with the vertical layout, but I could certainly see where
it could be comfortable. And by the looks of it, the number pad is
BETWEEN the two upright sections? That seems rather cumbersome. Any
input appreciated. (My credit card started itching as soon as I saw the
keyboard. :) )

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837