Re: fetchmail adding a paren?

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 07:19:56PM -0400, Gregory Seidman wrote:
} On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 09:30:24PM +0200, Alban Browaeys wrote:
[...]
} } This looks like a fetchmail bug. Please report to the Bug tracking
} } System: $ reportbug fetchmail
} }
} } This issue must be deep in the fetchmail code. The maintainer (which will
} } forward it to upstream if needed) is the best to help about this. Though
} } feel free to ask here too. Some fellow may have find a tip to work around
} } this.
}
} Upon further investigation, this appears to be coming from the IMAP server,
} but it's possible that fetchmail should know to ignore it. I don't know if
} this is common to other IMAP servers, and I don't know what software is
} actually driving the IMAP server in question, but the extra paren is
} present in both the fetchmail debug log (run from fetchmailconf) and when
} telnetting to the server directly (using telnet-ssl). I tested the server
} with mutt and Thunderbird, though, and they did not show the paren at all.
}
} Is this a bug with the server that I should report to my email provider, or
} is this a bug with fetchmail for not expecting it/ignoring it? My guess is
} that it is a bug in fetchmail, since my courier-imap server also appends
} the paren in the same way. That said, I'm baffled that it doesn't seem to
} have been reported before.

Upon further, *further* investigation into the IMAP standard (RFC 2060),
the blank line and close paren at the end of the server response are part
of the response, not the data, and should not be considered part of the
data. I have reported the bug.

} } Regards
} } Alban
} --Greg