Re: DVORAK

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 03:46:01PM -0600, Cam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So after a few years of hearing of the DVORAK layout (and noticing
> that it seems like my left hand is doing all the work w/ QWERTY), i'd
> like to try to make the switch... here's my major concern though (and
> perhaps this isn't really an issue, i'd like to hear the advice from
> others that have given DVORAK a spin).  How does DVORAK work w/ apps
> like vim, nethack, etc.? the key-layouts seem to be fairly logical and
> i would hate to lose them, is there some sort of patch--or is that too
> ugly?  Is it worth the switch?
>
> thanks,
> Cameron Matheson

Dvorak  is  quite nice.   I  could never go
back  to  Qwerty (where  I was  pretty much
"clawing" at the keys.  *ouch*).

...sorry, I've never used those  apps  (vim
and  nechack),  so  I  couldn't  say if the
layouts  are  "logical"  in  Dvorak.  I use
nvi and things seem fine.

I did myself a favor when I learned Dvorak.

Luck.

b.

is logical for their key-layouts.