Re: Cannot boot Debian Unstable after shutdown.

Carl Fink wrote:
> On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 09:19:28PM -0400, KS wrote:
>

>>And the last = sign keeps on blinking, nothing happens. The rescue disk
>>also gave similar results!
>

> Bootloaders need to know the physical location of the kernel.  If it moved
> and you didn't rerun whatever Grub uses to update the bootloader (I only
> know Lilo), you'd get something much like that.
>
> Boot off a LiveCD of some kind (Knoppix, Gnoppix, whatever) and rerun Grub's
> "tell me where the kernel is" program.  In Lilo you'd just edit a config
> file and run /sbin/lilo.

Thanks for all the info. The system is back running as normal.
Everything seemed to be fine when I booted with Knoppix and checked the
links and kernels installed. After checking while in Knoppix, I tried
booting in Debian 2.6.11-1-686 by just removing the vga=0x31B option in
the kernel line. Booting went on as normal. The next time I rebooted in
the same kernel without editing vga=0x31B option and it booted fine again.

It still eludes me what actually went wrong. But the system seems to
boot fine now after 3 tries in 2 different kernels.

Thanks,
/KS