Re: Cannot boot Debian Unstable after shutdown.

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 09:19:28PM -0400, KS wrote:

> And the last = sign keeps on blinking, nothing happens. The rescue disk
> also gave similar results!

Bootloaders need to know the physical location of the kernel.  If it moved
and you didn't rerun whatever Grub uses to update the bootloader (I only
know Lilo), you'd get something much like that.

Boot off a LiveCD of some kind (Knoppix, Gnoppix, whatever) and rerun Grub's
"tell me where the kernel is" program.  In Lilo you'd just edit a config
file and run /sbin/lilo.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.