Re: Cannot boot Debian Unstable after shutdown.

On Sun, 29 May 2005 18:40:54 -0400, "KS" <lists04@fastmail.fm> said:

> It doesn't even start the kernel loading stage. It is as if Grub is
> there, but no Linux installation! I feel a bit handicapped as I can't
> even copy the text that I see after I hit [Enter] to boot from Grub.

Below is what the screen shows if I try to boot into any kernel (even in
recovery mode):
--------------

Booting `Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.11-1-686 (recovery mode)'

root(hd1,0)
kernel   /vmlinuz-2.6.11-1-686 root=/dev/hdb7 ro single
     [Linux-bzimage, setup=0x1600, size=0x12fac0]
initrd /initrd.img-2.6.11-1-686
     [Linux-initrd @ 0xfab5000, 0x47b000 bytes]
save default
boot
=

And the last = sign keeps on blinking, nothing happens. The rescue disk
also gave similar results!
--
  KS
  lists04@fastmail.fm