Cannot boot Debian Unstable after shutdown.

Hi All,

Today, I booted my dual boot Debian and Windows box to update virus
definitions in the Windows partition. After using Windows for about
5min, I shutdown the machine to boot to Debian. After selecting kernel
2.6.11 to boot in, the screen just showed the kernel, bzimage, boot
commands and stalled there. Nothing happened after that, just a blinking
cursor! (same behaviour for single user and older kernels).

Any guesses to the possible problems will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
/KS
--
  KS