Re: OGM problems (XINE and MPlayer)

Sven Arvidsson wrote:
Scarletdown wrote:

That was somewhat helpful. The relevant bit on that page was right near the end:

ogmmerge -o My_Video.ogm video.avi audio.ogg

Additionally, the ogm file seems a little too large: 25.26MB, which is only a couple MB smaller than the original AVI. Is this normal, or is this _still_ not a real ogm file?

Is that the original file or did you compress it first (using
mencoder)? I have no idea why Xine doesn't play or MPlayer crashes.

Oh, well, I mistakenly thought it would automatically get compressed when I ran ogmmerge. I have since then used mencoder to convert the original avi (without the sound track added) to DivX, and then ran ogmmerge again. Now the file is about 2MB or so. However, I suspect that as before, the resulting file is still nothing more than an avi renamed to ogm.

Try using the "file" program to identify the file. If it really is an
.ogm you should get output similar to this: Ogg data, OGM video (DivX
5)

Running file-f followed by the file name just gave me a bunch of garbage on the screen (binary data, I would guess) instead of the output your post suggested I should see. So that would indicate that this file still isn't a proper ogm.

If anyone here would care to check it out, I just created a quick little Web page on Geocities and uploaded the file (in ZIP format, since Geocities doesn't recognize ogm as a valid file type).

You can find it here:

http://www.geocities.com/scarletdown/

And to ward off any questions, this video is for a couple action figure message boards that I frequent, as well as for my Action Figure Animators Yahoo Group. (I'm hoping to eventually figure out how to get it to loop instead of just running once. But first I need to work on the current problems.