Re: OGM problems (XINE and MPlayer)

Scarletdown wrote:
> That was somewhat helpful.  The relevant bit on that page was right
> near the end:
>
> ogmmerge -o My_Video.ogm video.avi audio.ogg
>
> However, I'm still having troubles getting the alleged ogm file to
> play in XINE "Video Codec Unavailable (0x0)", which is a little
> different than the error I got previously.  Also, the new file still
> crashes MPlayer after the second play (and sometimes after the first).
>  Additionally, the ogm file seems a little too large:  25.26MB, which
> is only a couple MB smaller than the original AVI.  Is this normal, or
> is this _still_ not a real ogm file?

Is that the original file or did you compress it first (using
mencoder)? I have no idea why Xine doesn't play or MPlayer crashes.

Try using the "file" program to identify the file. If it really is an
.ogm you should get output similar to this: Ogg data, OGM video (DivX
5)

Sorry I can't be of more help, I don't have much hands on experience
with using ogm/ogg as a video container.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson