Re: OGM problems (XINE and MPlayer)

Scarletdown wrote:
> mencoder -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc xxxxxxxxxxxxx.AVI -o xxxxxx.OGM

That's just an .avi renamed to .ogm.

> I just figured that since the size of the new file was considerably
> smaller than the original (2.07MB vs. 27.94MB), and that it did play
> in MPlayer, then it must have worked.  Apparently I was
> wrong...again.

You re-encoded the file with a more effective codec or lower bitrate,
the result is of course a smaller file.

Not sure what the default codec is with lavc, but you can check the
documentation, it's quite good.
http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-enc-libavcodec.html

>  So then, what else is there to convert AVI to OGM, if neither
> mencoder nor AVIDemux are the answer?

This looks like a good guide,
http://axljab.homelinux.org/Mencoder_DVD_to_OGM

Hope this helps :-)