project accounting application in Debian?

Hi,

I am looking for a program (probably a frontend to a database) for store and
analize data related to a little business; something like SAP/R3 but smaller
and simpler.

What I want is to insert into a database data such as the time an employee was
working in such machine, the amount of "pieces" which he made during that
time, the cost of each part he used to make the piece... and in this way with
every procedure we make, so at last we can easily know how much time and money
really costed a piece we produce, how can we improve the costs...

I think this is something like data warehouse or data mining... but it's just
for a familiar business of about 4 or 6 people working on it.

Maybe you know something for this purpose?

My idea is to just use a database such as PostgreSQL and develop several perl
scripts to make what I want... but well, I just wondered if there is something
already available like this, so I don't spend too much time on it.

Thanks for your help:

Nacho

--
No book comes out of a vacuum (G. Buehler)
http://www.lascartasdelavida.com