Re: project accounting application in Debian?

On Thursday 19 May 2005 10:12, Nacho wrote:
> What I want is to insert into a database data such as the time an employee
> was working in such machine, the amount of "pieces" which he made during
> that time, the cost of each part he used to make the piece... and in this
> way with every procedure we make, so at last we can easily know how much
> time and money really costed a piece we produce, how can we improve the
> costs...

Quanta or SQL-Ledger can probably keep track of 'pieces' used to construct
saleable products.  You can also enter the costs of producing those pieces,
afaik, but only totals.

Project management tools would probably do the other part pretty well for you.
The simplest might be something like everyone sharing a To-Do list/Calendar
via KOrganizer, with KArm tracking how much work time has gone into each
to-do item.  With KArm, you can manually edit those times, or, if the work is
computer-based, you can have it automatically time anything that happens on a
certain desktop.  Pretty handy.

Alternatively, one of the web-based project management tools like phpgroupware
etc. might help.  PHPGroupware isn't necessarily the best, I just can't
remember the names of the other options right now :)  There are a few of them
in debian itself, though :)

--
Lee.

Please send replies to the list, not to my email address.