Re: partitioning help

On 2005-05-17, Franklin Parlamis penned:
> i understand that a lot of these questions are probably the stuff that
> is taught in an intro computer science course

Er, not really.  Well, not in *my* intro to CS course, they weren't.
What's that quote?  ... ah, yes:

"Computer science is about computers in the same way astronomy is
about telescopes"
-Edsgar Dijkstra

I can honestly say that not a single CS course I ever took had
anything to do with setting up a hard drive.  It's something you have
to pick up elsewhere.  I personally don't think it's terribly
off-topic for this list.

Ask smart questions, get good answers: