Re: Segmentation fault

On 4/30/05, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <riteshsarraf@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> a.list.address@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I recommend you reinstall Sarge from scratch, using the
> > netinst ISO image.  Since Sarge isn't released yet, doing an upgrade
> > may not work well.
>
> If Sarge isn't released how will installing it from scratch help ?
>
> And Debian is known to be upgraded from releases to releases.

Sarge has not been finalized yet.  Therefore, there is a chance that
upgrading from Woody to Sarge may not work completely yet.  Since you
did upgrade from Woody to Sarge, it might not have gone completely
smoothly.  Installing clean from the Sarge installer may fix some of
the weird, hard-to-track-down problems you are having.  If you don't
want to try it, that's up to you.  :)