Segmentation fault

Hi,

on my notebook 've installed Debian Woody
and upgraded it to Sarge.

After the installation I've problems starting
bunch of programs which all have been installed
using aptitude.
When I start xchat, mozilla, bugtrack ...
the program is cancled with the error message:
"Segmentation fault"

Firefox aborts with the message:
/usr/bin/firefox: line 349:  3740 Segmentation fault
DISPLAY="${CMDLINE_DISPLAY}" ${MOZ_PROGRAM} -remote 'ping()' >/dev/null
2>&1

The newsreader pan:
GLib-ERROR **: gmem.c:174: failed to allocate 1476395008 bytes aborting...

I don't think that the hardware is not OK since on the same hard disk
WindowsXP is running fine and also before the installation of Debian
I had Sarge running on that notebook with no problems.

Any ideas how to solve that problem?

Thank you.
Chris