Cron Problem

Hi folks,

I have a little problem with cron that has been bugging me for a while but I can't find a solution. I, as many of you no doubt do, run a nightly backup script using cron. Every morning I would check my email and there would be a nice fresh report of how the backup went.

About 6 months ago there was an update to cron and the emails stopped appearing from that job. What I can't understand is the fact that I get email from all my other cron jobs and if I comment out the couple of slow steps in the backup job (burning the DVD and checking it) I get email again. What seems to be happening is that the output is discarded if the job runs for longer than about 30 minutes. Is there a setting that would cause this?

You help is most appreciated as this one has been bugging me for ages.

Doozer