Re: Problem Setting DMA

Tim Jackson wrote:

Being a total newbie to Linux I may be talking complete *!^% but here goes anyway. Having just compiled a kernel myself I was wondering if this would work, copy the original .config file from the /boot directory into the kernel source directory and uncomment the relevent line in this file manually setting the value to "=y" or "=m" as appropriate. Re compile with the new (old) config file and keep everything crossed.

I have absolutely no idea whether this will work but I would be interested to know :-). Please dont blame me if this breaks anything, and if anyone with any experience can step in to save some time and/or pain please do.

Regards

Wackojacko

Actually it does work. You can copy a .config over to the new kernel source directory, and run "make oldconfig". It will then ask you what you want to do for any new options that weren't in your previous kernel, and keep everything else the same.

-Josh