Re: Problem Setting DMA

Normally I keep a copy of .config in the file /usr/src/konfig-2.6.8 and
this is the file which was included in my last message.  I ran
menuconfig to try to set CONFIG_BLK_DEV_VIA82CXXX and could not find it.
I stepped through make config and could not find it.  Now the two files
/usr/src/konfig-2.6.8 and /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.8/.config are
different and the former contains many more bug fix files than the
latter.  I am attaching the relevant sections of the two files in the
hope that you might figure out what I have done wrong.

Being a total newbie to Linux I may be talking complete *!^% but here goes anyway. Having just compiled a kernel myself I was wondering if this would work, copy the original .config file from the /boot directory into the kernel source directory and uncomment the relevent line in this file manually setting the value to "=y" or "=m" as appropriate. Re compile with the new (old) config file and keep everything crossed.

I have absolutely no idea whether this will work but I would be interested to know :-). Please dont blame me if this breaks anything, and if anyone with any experience can step in to save some time and/or pain please do.

Regards

Wackojacko