Re: Problem Setting DMA

Thomas H. George ha scritto:

The response to the command hdparm -d 1 /dev/hdb is

   /dev/hdb:
     Setting using-dma to 1 (on)
      HDIO_SET-DMA failed: Operation not permitted
      using_dma      =   0  (off)

yet

   ll /proc/ide/hdb

shows root has rw permissions for the settings file and the file contains

Name                  Value      Min      Max      Mode
using_dma            0            0            1            rw

Since root has read/write permissions to this file, could - should? - I edit it and change the Value to 1?

hdb is a relatively new - purchased Dec. 2003 - 80 GB Western Digital drive.

Hi,
in my case this problem has been resolved choosing the appropriate ATA driver (intel PIIX).

Regards,
MC