Re: Poll results: User views on the FDL issue

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 08:17:44PM +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> Oh now I feel guilty. Without trying to sound flippant, does it concern
> the 'average' debian user? Is it holding up the release of sarge? I
> don't subscribe to debian-devel or debian-legal.
>
> Should the 'average Joe Blogg debian user' be concerned about these
> issues.

It's the same as any important issue: there are a lot of them, and we all
pick our battles with respect to which issues we invest our time in.  So,
no, there's nothing wrong with the average user not concerning themselves
with the issue.  The people that wish to take up this particular battle
(eg. that of Free Software, including its documentation) and gain a full
understanding of the issues and arguments do so, to the benefit of everyone
else.

--
Glenn Maynard