Re: Poll results: User views on the FDL issue

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 05:19:18PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> > Very few responses for an universe as big as debian-user, I think.
> > http://lists.debian.org/stats/debian-user.png
>
> Thanks for that!
>
> For the non-graphical, http://lists.debian.org/stats/ claims 2598
> subscribers. So 28 responses is 1.08%, which would be a very low
> response rate for a postal survey.

However:

$ grep '^From: ' debian-users | sort | uniq -d | wc -l
270

Which means over the past two weeks (I expire mail over 2 weeks old),
there are only 270 people who posted more than once to debian-user.  So,
you could say of those 2598 subscribers, only 270 have been "active" the
past two weeks.

I was still disappointed by the turnout.  I had only 16 responses after
3 days, and only got more by sending another mail urging people to
respond.

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.