Re: Logitech QuickCam Express - /dev/video: No such device

On 2005-04-17 16:27:22 -0400, Marty wrote:
> Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> >It's an endianness problem in the USB id detection. I'm going to
> >fix that, hoping that this is the only endianness problem.
>
> Are you talking about the devices "supported" here?:
>
> http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/quickcam/quickcam.html

This page mentions 046d:0920, but as said on

  http://home.tiscali.dk/tomasgc/labtec/

the driver has been merged into the spca5xx driver (which is the
one I'm using). The author/maintainer of this driver told me that
the endianness problem occurred only with 2.6.11 kernels (where
a new macro related to the endianness was added) and he sent me
a preversion, which worked (but the quality of the image is very
bad -- due to the camera chipset).

> Do you know when or if support will go into the stock kernel?

I don't know. There's an ITP bug for spca5xx (bug 304819), but
I assume that this would be the source only. I wonder if binary
packages for such kernel modules could be built each time an
official kernel-image-* package is built.