Re: Logitech QuickCam Express - /dev/video: No such device

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
On 2005-04-17 12:12:48 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
Anyone knows what's wrong?

It's an endianness problem in the USB id detection. I'm going to
fix that, hoping that this is the only endianness problem.

Are you talking about the devices "supported" here?:

http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/quickcam/quickcam.html

The last time I checked (a few weeks ago) my USB quickcam was not supported by the stock kernel. The last driver I used is qc-ga-0.40c, which is a few years old now. I gave up because I don't like screwing around with modules, especially "unsupported" ones.

Do you know when or if support will go into the stock kernel?