Off-Topic: Connection between martial arts and F/OS Software (was: Re: Karate)

On Apr 15 2005, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (15/04/05 17:55), Bob Alexander wrote:
> > Bob
> > 1st Dan - Wado Ryu - Karate
> Is there perhaps a correlation between interest in martial arts and
> Debian?
>
> Regards
>
> Clive
> 1st Deg - Wu Shu Kwan - Chinese Kick-Boxing

I don't know, but I am also interested in martial arts, if that serves
as a data point.

I was on my way of getting an orange belt in Shotokan Karate when I
unfortunately had to stop due to some personal problems (I was, then,
entering the University, which was a bit more more a decade ago).

I tried to get back when I was finishing my degree, but I lacked
proper shape to survive the training sessions (and how intense they
are!).

But I can see one aspect where using an Open Source operating system
(especially if you're not using a mainstream architecture like x86) is
similar to a martial art: both require steady and constant efforts to
get good results, but once you get them, you have a personal
satisfaction that is difficult to describe to others who have not had
the pleasure to experience them.

--
Learn to quote e-mails decently at:
http://pub.tsn.dk/how-to-quote.php