Re: Karate

On (15/04/05 17:55), Bob Alexander wrote:
> Shaun Lipscombe wrote:
> >* LafevL@aol.com wrote:
> >

> >>I need to traslate some english names into japanese to put on their black
> >>belt when they grade.
> >>on one side of the belt would be their name and on the other the  style
> >>
> >>Steven Meadows Shotakan
> >>Dean Flaherty     Shotakan
> >>Philip Williams    Shotakan
> >>

> >apt-get update; apt-get install karate-belt-common \
> >englishnames2japanese-bin
> >
> >HTH,
> >
> >Shaun
>
> You got that wrong: it should be apt-get install Steven-Meadows and then
> the Japanese language pack for it. Repeat for the others. Be careful
> though since on my system Steven-Meadows appears to be in conflict with
> Philip-Williams
Perhaps they could resolve the conflicts in aptitude.  I managed to do
this when trying to update my Wu Shu Kwan Black Belt; breaking blocks
by hand became a lot easier.  But this was Chinese and obviously he'll
need the Japanese ISO set.

> Oh BTW ... before the guy writes about translating to Japanese he should
> get his English in better shape: it's SHOTOKAN and not Shotakan :(
>
> Bob
> 1st Dan - Wado Ryu - Karate
Is there perhaps a correlation between interest in martial arts and
Debian?

Regards

Clive
1st Deg - Wu Shu Kwan - Chinese Kick-Boxing

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...
...strategies for business