Re: cannot eject or retract cdrom tray anymore

Apparently, _Sønke Lorenzen_, on 14/04/05 17:28,typed:
On 4/14/05, H. S. <greatexcalibur@yahoo.com> wrote:

Apparently, _Joachim Fahnenmueller_, on 04/14/2005 01:47 PM,typed:

Hi,

from man eject:

The  device  corresponding  to <name> is ejected. The name
can be a device file or mount point, either a full path or
with  the  leading "/dev" or "/mnt" omitted. If no name is
specified, the default name "cdrom" is used.

The man page in testing and unstable now states:

The name can be a device file or mount point, either a full path or
with the leading "/dev",  "/media" or "/mnt" omitted. If no name is
specified, the default name "cdrom" is used.

hmm ... then how we explain the working of "eject cdrw"?

It is mounted under /media/cdrw

Thanks. I should put cdrom in /media. I think I will also experiment trying to make a /dev/cdrom link as well (to /dev/hdc) and see how that works out.

regards,
->HS

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.