Re: Lost all my project data, file recovery tool? Urgent!

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

> On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 16:30 +0200, Matthias Kaeppler wrote:
>> I seemingly missed the part in the message, that not only the
>> repositories would be deleted, but also all subdirectories of the chroot
>> jail. I just didn't know that actually no other folders are supposed to
>> reside in a chroot jail besides the cvs repos, that's probably why the
>> author only mentioned I should backup those.
>
> If you backed up /home/mkay/devel/projects, then what am I missing?
> You should still have the tarball floating around somewhere, right?

I guess he backed up the repos but not his working copy, which also
resided in the jail. So presumably, while his repos was safe, all the
stuff he didn't yet check in was lost.

If so, question is whether he still should file a bug?

Regards, Bruno.