Re: ~/.bashrc problem

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 04:56:19PM +0200, Arjen Meek wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 10:36:34PM +0800, Kuang He wrote:
> > Because I am too lazy, I'd like not to type the single quotes myself
> > and really wondered if I can work out some ways to solve this. :-)
>
> You could do something like

Or (sorry for replying to my own post), something else that just crossed
my mind, assuming you're pasting to your shell using an X selection and
the shell is properly set up for access to your X server: you could
install the package "xclip" and try this:

function xheader {
	wget -O /dev/null -S `xclip -o`
}

which will use the contents of the X clipboard as argument to wget and
save you the trouble of quoting as well as pasting ;-)

Arjen