Re: Debian forum?

On Apr 11, 2005 12:47 PM, Kamaraju Kusumanchi <kk288@cornell.edu> wrote:
Chuk Goodin wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2005 8:27 AM, *Michael Z Daryabeygi* <mzd@sligowebworks.com
> <mailto:mzd@sligowebworks.com>> wrote:
>
>      > Forum pro:
>      > - Easily readable and usable from different computers.
>      >   (And don't tell me someone uses webmail for medium-high traffic
>      >    mailinglists. )
>     I wont, but there is a web accessible archive.
>     But with gmail putting pressure on yahoo it is becoming increasingly
>     do-able.
>

> Personally, I'm pretty against web forums vs. newsgroups, but lately
> I've been backing down some, since you gotta go where the traffic is.
> But for high-volume MLs, I've been using gmail lately, and it's kind of
> like the best of both worlds -- way better interface than any web forum
> I've seen, plus I don't have to fill up my personal mail space.

On a personal note, I like gmail interface but it does not have the
conventional tree view. The conversation view sucks for high volume
mailing lists. Also when you reply to a query, it wont automatically
send the mail to the mailing list. But instead it sends it to one single
person. If gmail had those two features, then it probably is the best.
Otherwise I will still stick with thunderbird + gmane news group accounts.

raju