Re: Debian forum?

Marco Calviani wrote:
Hi everybody,
   i would like to know why the Debian community has not created a web
forum like Ubuntu has (www.ubuntuforums.org). I think that this way of
communicating would have a greater impact on the users, of course
leaving always the space for the nice and useful mailing list that the
Debian project has.

Regards,
MC

What do you find to have a "greater impact"?
higher bandwidth usage? requirement of an active internet connection? subsequent page loads when following a long thread? A login requirement to post?

I really don't get it. The mailing list is completely searchable and easy to use. I can keep messages locally for as long as I want in a convenient format. Yes I can save a webpage, but it is just silly compared to the ease of email. I'm really curious, not just trying to be a snot. What do you like about it?

As to why the debian project has not, why should they when Ubuntu is already doing it?