Re: Services in Debian

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 02:38:56AM -0400, Hal Vaughan wrote:

> > http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference
>
> I've Googled for  and found a lot of Debian HOWTOs on different topics, so I
> can't figure out why I've never been pointed there for any search results
> before.
>
> Thank you!  It'll be one of the first places I look from now on (he said as he
> cut and pasted the link into a Firefox bookmark).

If you run sarge or sid, you can apt-get install debian-reference-en.
This helped me once to fix a networking problem when I couldnt reach
debian.org to read the reference.

You can still of course bookmark
file:///usr/share/doc/Debian/reference/reference.en.html

Also apt-cache search tutorial will turn up lots of good stuff
like rutebook, advanced bash scripting guide and grokking the gimp.

--
Angelina Carlton