Re: firefox crashes on www.greatandhra.com

[KS] wrote:
Kent West wrote:

Looks like you have an extension that isn't playing nice, trying to
write in some place other than your home directory. It wants you to run
Firefox once as root to write some default files, although it appears
that this procedure is being initiated when you visit this site instead
of when you first start FF; very odd behaviour.

What extensions do you have installed?

I think mozilla-firefox maintainers were able to remove this problem of
running as root.....maybe I'm wrong!

Raju, Try starting firefox in safe mode by $> firefox -safe-mode and if
the problem is due to one of the extensions, you shouldn't experience it
as extensions are disabled in safe mode.

/KS

I am getting the same behaviour while running firefox in the -safe-mode. If I repeat the procedure in my first email, I am getting this output on the console and the firefox crashes at the end.

$firefox -safe-mode
Extension System Warning: Failed to set up default extensions files probably because you do not have write privileges to this location. While you can run Firefox like this, it is recommended that you run it at least once with privileges that allow it to generate these initial files to improve start performance. Running from a disk image on MacOS X is not recommended.*** loading the extensions datasource Extension System Warning: Failed to set up default extensions files probably because you do not have write privileges to this location. While you can run Firefox like this, it is recommended that you run it at least once with privileges that allow it to generate these initial files to improve start performance. Running from a disk image on MacOS X is not recommended.NP_Initialize
New
SetWindow
SetWindow
SetWindow
New
SetWindow
SetWindow
SetWindow
SetWindow
NewStream
WriteReady
Write
WriteReady
Write
WriteReady
Write
WriteReady
Write
WriteReady
Write
DestroyStream
Destroy
The program 'Gecko' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 85 error_code 172 request_code 149 minor_code 2)

thanks for all the replies
raju