Re: firefox crashes on www.greatandhra.com

On Sunday 10 April 2005 10:24, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
>[KS] wrote:
>> Kent West wrote:
>>>Looks like you have an extension that isn't playing nice, trying
>>> to write in some place other than your home directory. It wants
>>> you to run Firefox once as root to write some default files,
>>> although it appears that this procedure is being initiated when
>>> you visit this site instead of when you first start FF; very odd
>>> behaviour.

I didn't do any of the deletions etc that are required according to
the OP to trigger, I just ran it with my full install.  I wandered
around on the site admiring the gross over use of flash etc to
maintain a very 'busy' screen, distracting even.  I read a few of the
stories, even sent a rebuttal of sorts to one of them.  No crash, no
hang.

My guess is that if the install is correct, and all the plugins have
been fetched and installed correctly, then its stable.

Methinks the OP was just trying to badmouth firefox by finding a
broken setup that was repeatable, that would crash it.  He IMO got
exactly what he was looking for.  Fixing his install should have been
more important than badmouthing firefox.

[snip]

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)