Re: gdm: no more console, no more login

Thanks for your replies.

Osamu Aoki wrote:
On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 04:38:30PM +0100, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

Hello Angelina,

Angelina Carlton wrote:

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 01:37:09PM +0100, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

Unfortunately there is no more gdm login
and no more console login: there is just a totally black screen.

Did you press shift key or something to wake up system?

I forget this possibility:
since a while I have tried to got it, but I did not succeeded:
what is the magic key sequence to kill the Xserver ?

Thanks,
Jerome

Can I login again without rebooting the computer ?
How can I fix it ?

hmm, so console and virtual console? ctrl-alt F1-F6 dont work either?
what about ssh?

Unfortunately, the local dns server is down whereas the IP are not fixed (DHCP): as matter of fact, I want to login mainly to get the curent IP of the desktop.

Why not carefylly ping possible IP range to fing where is the system.