Re: debian testing and mdadm [SOLVED]

Alvin Oga suggested I try using grub, which has in fact worked.

Thanks !

Adam Olsen wrote:
Yes, both partitions are set as fd

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

Adam Olsen wrote:

Hello,

I just recently attempted to use this method:
http://synic.ath.cx/raid1.txt to create full software raid 1 on our
server running debian testing.  I replaced all the references to
raidtools with mdadm.

<SNIP>

How can I get /dev/sda2 to come up automatically?

Did you remember to set your partition type to 0xfd?  Without that
(and I am assuming that you have / on RAID) the kernel will not
automatically compose your RAID device for you during boot.  The
0xfd type can be changed within cfdisk (remember to reboot immediately
after writing the new partition table) and represents the "Linux
Auto-detect RAID partition type."

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez