Re: Acrobat 7 plugin for Firefox not working

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:20:08 +0100, Lee Braiden wrote:

> Can't confirm it, since I'm on Debian/PowerPC that they don't make acrobat
> reader for, and I use Konqueror with KGhostview anyway.  Sorry.

Anybody able to do so ?

> But it sounds like the plugins aren't using a sound wrapper, and so the first
> one gets control of the sound device, and the second one sits and waits on
> that same control.  That site doesn't use Acrobat, but it does use Flash, so
> that's probably the conflict.

Sounds reasonable (pun unintended)

> Try dpkg-reconfigure firefox -- I think I
> recall it having an option for which wrapper to use.

Not quite:

# dpkg-reconfigure mozilla-firefox
Updating mozilla-firefox chrome registry...done.
#

> Otherwise, a
> google for 'firefox plugin sound wrapper' might help.

Did that, 35.000 results, looked at the first 50 or so, and found one,
including a site to test the wrapper. Firefox worked. (But through the
wrapper; I dunno.)
So I tried to run flash:
http://www.splitbrain.org/Study/Media_Creation/index.php
and at the same time open a PDF on a new tab: works well.
Shall I assume then, that the flash on Malaysiakini didn't do any damage
to displaying Acrobat ?

Thanks anyway,

Uwe