Re: Acrobat 7 plugin for Firefox not working

On Saturday 26 March 2005 02:55, Uwe Dippel wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:40:08 +0100, Uwe Dippel wrote:
> No, correction ! It does not work !! It works depending on other open
> tabs.
> So removed the other tabs one by one, and I can reproduce the following:
> when I open
> http://www.malaysiakini.com/
> in the first tab after starting firefox, Acrobat will not open in the
> second tab; that tab will remain white.
> The very moment I close the first tab, the second will show the PDF
> properly.
> Can someone please try as well and confirm / reject this ?

Can't confirm it, since I'm on Debian/PowerPC that they don't make acrobat
reader for, and I use Konqueror with KGhostview anyway.  Sorry.

But it sounds like the plugins aren't using a sound wrapper, and so the first
one gets control of the sound device, and the second one sits and waits on
that same control.  That site doesn't use Acrobat, but it does use Flash, so
that's probably the conflict.  Try dpkg-reconfigure firefox -- I think I
recall it having an option for which wrapper to use.  Otherwise, a google for
'firefox plugin sound wrapper' might help.

--
Lee.