Re: thunderbird: set default browser, file types for attachnents, ...

Darryl Clarke wrote:

>I had this issue, except it was always using Konqueror.
>
>If you run (as root) update-alternatives --config x-www-browser you
>should get the option to pick mozilla-firefox as the default (system
>wide).
>
>dclarke@halifax:~/torrents$ sudo update-alternatives --config x-www-browser
>
>There are 3 alternatives which provide `x-www-browser'.
>
>  Selection    Alternative
> +    1        /usr/bin/konqueror
>*     2        /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox
>      3        /usr/bin/mozilla
>
>Then, just make sure in GNOMES prefered application settings you have
>it set to firefox as well or just debian sensible browser, which uses
>the default you've picked.

The way it actually works depends what you selected when initially
installing thunderbird (redo this by dpkg-reconfigure mozilla-thunderbird).

Take a look at [1] for further information on how to configure how
thunderbird handles http links.

Alexander

[1] - http://www.jwsdot.com/debian/faq.html#q9