Re: thunderbird: set default browser, file types for attachnents, ...

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:20:18 -0500, Michael Friendly <friendly@yorku.ca> wrote:
> Using Thunderbird V1.0 (20050116), with debian testing, Firefox (Debian
> package 1.0+dfsg.1-6) Epipheny, and mozilla installed, gnome 2.8:
>
> I'd like to set thunderbird to use firefox as the browser to open
> links in mail messages, but can't find any setting in preferences for
> this.  It always uses Epipheny.

I had this issue, except it was always using Konqueror.

If you run (as root) update-alternatives --config x-www-browser you
should get the option to pick mozilla-firefox as the default (system
wide).

dclarke@halifax:~/torrents$ sudo update-alternatives --config x-www-browser

There are 3 alternatives which provide `x-www-browser'.

  Selection    Alternative
 +    1        /usr/bin/konqueror
*     2        /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox
      3        /usr/bin/mozilla

Then, just make sure in GNOMES prefered application settings you have
it set to firefox as well or just debian sensible browser, which uses
the default you've picked.

--
~ Darryl  ~ smartssa@gmail.com
http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com