Re: Faster booting when disconnected from network

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 07:10:40PM +0100, Elvis Cehajic wrote:
> Jerry L Bash wrote:
>
> >by simply disabling the network  (thinking that I could then do 'ifup
> >eth0'  to bring up the network if it in fact connected).

> Look at /etc/init.d/networking.
> Disabling this init script should do it.

The solution I prefer would be commenting the auto line for the
interface in /etc/networking/interfaces (e.g. #auto eth0)

The ..init.d/networking script also sets some kernel spoofing
and ip_forwarding options, which may be desired.

My 2 cents.

--
Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.