Re: 486 laptop...

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
I think plenty of people would love a simple laptop that just works -- I agree a real lightweight wm with a simple editer like Nedit, a lightweight browser and email client, what more could you really need? Knoppix is a great idea to get it running, but how big is the hd? I think knoppix likes nearly 3 gig just to install. of course you can dselect a bunch of crap after words...

good luck and enjoy a not so complicated computing experience...

Try Puppy Linux.

Bob